Tuesday, August 22, 2017

I Have Arrived!

Hey Mom and Dad, 

I just got to the MTC (they call it the CTM down here) about half an hour ago, it still doesn´t seem real that I´m out here. It´s actually pretty chilly in Sao Paulo, probably one of the few times I´ll be saying "I´m cold" for the next two years. 

Sao Paulo Brazil Missionary Training Center




I just got assigned my companion, his name is Elder Davenport and he´s from Arizona. We haven´t really had a chance to talk much yet but he seems like a cool guy. 

The trip here went well, after I went through security Brother Cannon was waiting by my gate because I guess he was leaving on another flight about an hour later and knew I would be leaving the 21st. It was good to see him and talk to him after a hard goodbye from the family. (A little tender mercy for Carson, but it did my heart good too.   It is what I need to see-- Tye wrap his arm around Carson when he got through security and walk him down the concourse to his gate.  It made it easier for me to walk away knowing it would be two years before I could put my arms around him again.)

Brother Tye Cannon
Elder Sork's Young Mens Leader

Getting to Atlanta was fine, the lady checking my passport took like 5 minutes just looking through it and asked if I had actually received a Visa from Brazil, which scared me but she eventually said I was good to go. I was alone in Atlanta for about an hour which was pretty lonely but pretty soon some other white shirts started showing up. By the end we had about 15 missionaries flying out to Brazil, I felt the spirit with all those other Elders knowing we are all making this sacrifice together to go teach the Gospel. 

I have noticed today, and yesterday as well, some blessings. First, even with how nervous I usually get I have been very comfortable, just a little nerves but from what I´m used to it is a huge blessing. I believe that to be a confirmation that what I am doing is right. Also, as of this morning my foot hasn´t been bothering me at all so hopefully that keeps up! My stomach is already having issues though so not looking forward to that. Hope the family is doing well, I won´t be able to write again until next Friday when my first P-Day will be. Miss you all!

Love,

Elder Sork

No comments:

Post a Comment