Monday, March 5, 2018

Mission Upheaval


Hey Mom,

This week was rough and yesterday it got even rougher. The work was going slow; Elder Kozlowski and I have both felt some lack of personal growth and direction from the spirit. Then yesterday night, about 8:00 we were singing in the stake choir and Elder K received a phone call that we were both going to be transferred.  We needed to be at the mission office this morning at 9AM. Lots of changes are happening in the mission. I don’t really know what but I think a lot of people got sent home. This mission is really messed up so we got emergency transferred. I am in a trio in the same stake but Elder K went to someplace I have never heard of.  My new area is called José Americo (something like that, I’m still learning). Last night we were up until 2AM, cleaning our whole house, packing our bags and frantically trying to pass off our investigators and update the area book. It was a rough.  Now I am sleep deprived and with two Brazilian companions  Elder Cipili and Atunes. 



Cinthia who was baptized is preparing to go to the temple already so that’s really cool.  I am sad we had to leave all our investigators.  We had a baptism lined up this week and don’t know what’s gonna happen because we left so fast.

My Portuguese is still so terrible. I just sit and listen and don’t understand anything in conversations. I am always just in the background. This week for fast Sunday I fasted to strengthen my confidence in the Lord, because I feel like a fear-filled missionary. I am scared of failure, scared to talk to people, scared to set goals because I don’t feel I can achieve them. Thank you for your thoughts on overcoming fear and improving my prayer. I studied a little about these things this week.


Please let McKenna know I am proud of her.

Love you.

Elder Sork 

No comments:

Post a Comment