Wednesday, December 6, 2017

With Wings Like Eagles

Hey mom, real quick I´ll just give a brief run down of what happened this week - it was pretty uneventful.

Our investigator Circa, after explaining to her that the ´´God in the US we worship´´ that her pasteur was talking about is a prophet and that we believe in the same God, she was open again to the gospel, she had decided to be baptized even though her mom didn't like the church, it was going great! But Thursday her son came out and handed us a note from Circa saying she isn't interested in the church or recieving new lessons. That was really tough, she was progressing a lit and we were really excited to baptize her and her children. This got both me and Elder Kozlowski pretty down

We´ve been listening to the music you put on those SD cards mom, and I have gotta say, you put some pretty weird stuff on them! Elder Kozlowski has had a pretty good luagh a few times with some of the random stuff that comes on. But majority of it is good, thank you for taking the time to do that (and so much more) for me! 

We are watching the Christmas devotional in the church building this coming Sunday, problem is, its gonna be in Portuguese so I´m probably not gonna get much out of it which really sucks especially after what you saíd. But I´ll do my best to listen hard and stay focused and maybe understand a little bit. Language is still killin me. I was never a talkative guy back home and that's one thing I am really struggling with here.  If I just talked to people more, I would probably improve a little more, but just the thought of making a contact or teaching lessons gets me worked up and dreading the event. 

We have a transfer on the 18th of December so my plan is to give them to an American going home and he can send them from home - they wont get there by Christmas, but hopefully they´ll get there eventually. I´ll just send everything to the house because I don't know peoples addresses. But hopefully you guys get them eventually. Also, because of this transfer so close to Christmas, I don't know what will happen about making a call to the family, if I stay in this area it will be easier but if I get moved again its gonna be a mess trying to figure things out. You guys may just have to keep a computer/phone close by at all times during Christmas. I will email on the 18th after transfers happen and hopefully have some more details for you. Also, next Monday the 11th we have a mission conference during P Day so I will be online either way earlier then normal or way later, not sure.




My thought for this week:


I was reading Mosiah chapter 21 about the people of Limhi, son of King Noah. They were oppressed by the lamanites because of their iniquities, but instead of turning to the lord and humbling themselves, seeking for strength in him, they instead decided to rely on their on strength, and went to war with the lamanites. And lost not once, not twice, but THREE times, each war taking the lives of many of their people, and only after the 3rd loss did they finally recognize the need to rely on the Lord, who eventually delivered them. In contrast, the people of Alma a few chapters later, were also oppressed my the lamanites,and they suffered many hardships, but from the beginning they trusted in the Lord and put their faith in him, relying on his strength to deliver them, and because of this they were eventually delivered and also supported through their afflictions rather then everyone dying... Just a reminder that yes, we need to exert effort, to do work on our part to deal with problems in our lives, but when we also use the strength of the lord, things will be a lot better!

Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment