Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Another Emergency Transfer


Hey Mom,

This week we had another emergency transfer.  Now I am in a  trio.  Elder Stratton from Utah is with us. He is pretty new in the mission, only has 4 months.  It is interesting to see how even though I am lacking in a  lot, I definitely have progressed. Even though Elder Stratton is new I have a LOT to learn from him. Where he lacks in technical experience, he makes up for in his awesome attitude, excitement to work, his ability to make friends, and many other good qualities. He´s a really cool guy. I like him a lot.

With the arrival of another companion, Elder Antunes has curiously  been more motivated to work, which is cool. I have been loaning him money (If you saw some purchases made on my card, it was for him haha) but I really need to be careful because he is really racking up the debt. I am just glad we are back to working. He said a few weeks ago he would give me responsibilities but in the end it didn’t really happen, I’m still just a junior companion.  I am not complaining.



We had a baptism this week. I have found that lots of the rapazes pesquisadores (young men investigators) like me.  They always ask me to baptize them and they like to talk to me because I am American. So that’s cool to feel appreciated even if I can’t speak super fluently. This baptism this week was of Mattues.  He is 13 years old and has cousins in the church. It’s sad because his mom and dad both have drinking problems and a couple nights we passed by the house of him and saw the problems drinking creates. The family is getting torn apart. I am really grateful for the guidance of modern day revelation, specifically the word of wisdom, and the happiness it brings me and our family.

I will print off the conference talks. It does cost extra money so I think one per week is plenty. Feel free to send them in letters, too. I am still waiting on the packages. I am super excited to get them, haha… I really hope they show up.

I love you, mom!  Elder Sork.

No comments:

Post a Comment