Monday, April 16, 2018

Goose Egg on the Noggin and Cement on the Shoes


Hey Mom,

I am super bummed to hear about Cathy and Steve’s package. I was really looking forward to getting it :/ I have no idea why it would have been ´´rejected´´. It was definitely not anything that I did and I didn’t hear anything about the mission home rejecting a package. Let Cathy know I a m really bummed but super greatful for the effort. Maybe next time :(  I know that your package arrived this week; I will pick it up this afternoon.

Not a ton happened this week. In comparison to other Elders I have had in the misison, Elder Antunes has been really good in continuing to work in his last transfer, but he is starting to slow down. We didn’t do a whole lot of work this week. One day we did a division and he went to another area, I was left with Elder Stratton and a newer Brazilian missionary so I was the senior. That meant I lead discussions and planned the day and things. It was good to see my progress. I am not fluent but am really feeling better about my language skills. It still sucks sometimes when people make fun of how I talk or have problems because of my accent, but for the most part I get by just fine and I am able to teach with the spirit and say what I want to say. I don’t have big problems understanding people anymore. I can understand just about everything I need to. So that’s good.

One funny thing that happened this week is that we were walking to an appointment when it was getting dark and I wasn’t paying attention. I walked STRAIT through a huge thing of wet cement. My shoes got destroyed. I did my best to clean them but they have an eternal grey hew now... and a lot of the people in the street saw and were all laughing at me. It was super embarrassing!  Also, while I was exercising this week, my bar broke and I fell back and hit my head really hard on the wall. I don’t think I have a concussion… I didn’t black out and don’t have any other symptoms of one, but I have got the mother of all goose eggs on my noggin now.
I think I am also getting sick.  I have a sore throat, headaches, and runny nose. I’m not excited as I think this sickness is just beginning :(

A cool thing is that I have been receiving emails from our baptism in our last area, Cinthia. I don’t know if you remember much about her, but she was definitely someone prepared by the Lord to receive our message, and I have full faith that she will stay firm. She emailed me this week saying that she has over 40 family names she will be taking to the temple to do baptisms.  She is also talking to a man who lives in the neighboring state about MARRIAGE IN THE TEMPLE!! It’s crazy to see the changes in her life and I am really happy to see the effect I have had in being able to help someone.

Love you mom, hope you have a good week,
Elder Sork

No comments:

Post a Comment