Friday, September 22, 2017

Ether 12:6: After the Trial of Your Faith


This week hasn’t been anything special.  A lot of the same stuff.  The schedule is so full.  This week went by really fast but my handle on the Portuguese language is still getting nowhere. And I´m here for only one more week and then headed to the field where I am supposed to talk to members, investigators, bishops, and my companion. I´m super worried, already praying for whoever my companion is going to be. But I will keep working hard!

I forgot to mention that last Friday on our way to the temple we were in a minor car accident... I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner with how crazy Brazil drivers are! I really am going to miss the temple, going there every week is awesome, but it sounds like in Joao Pessoa we don’t have any temple trips :( I love looking at the Portland Temple on my recommend holder though.  I can’t wait to go home and go back, it’s so beautiful!


This week we got a broadcast from the Provo CTM that Elder Oaks spoke in, which was nice to actually hear English instead of a translator who just gets every 2 or 3 words.

I really got sick of the song my alarm clock played, so I switched that up... pretty exciting! I have gotten one letter, from Reese and Mira! So sweet, it made me so happy. I miss them. I found out that they live like 10 miles from my companion which is cool.  I´ll keep checking for letters - trust me, I´ve been checking! My district thinks I´ve got some girl I´m waiting on... I tell them I do... my momma! I love you so much. Thanks for raising me to become a missionary, all the ´remember who you are´s and what you stand for´s´ paid off! If I was home I would give you a BIG Carson hug, but I´ll just have to save them all up for when i get back. I´m never growing out of those!  Have a great birthday mom, I love you so much.

We got new roommates this week, Elder De Silva from Angola and Elder Felinto, they´re nice.  I am getting really close with my district, I´m gonna miss them when we all leave.

Next week will be my last P-DAy in the CTM! Crazy. Next weekend we get to watch general conference which will be cool.  I’m hoping to get some spiritual strength from that right before I head out to the field.

For my mission plaque I would like the scripture found in Ether 12:6 - reasoning behind that scripture is that it gives me strength to know that God doesn’t give us a witness until after our trials of Faith (which I am definitely having right now) but I know that if I persevere and endure to the end, relying on my Heavenly Father, at the end of my trial I will be able to receive a witness of faith and strengthen my testimony in His plan for me.

I love you and miss you!

Elder Sork

No comments:

Post a Comment