Monday, January 29, 2018

CIRCA CIRCA CIRCA

Hi Mom,
First I´ll answer your questions from last week:

I have had several opportunities to give blessings. Elder Kozlowski is always ready to offer people blessings and use his priesthood. Normally, if we are blessing the sick, I anoint with the oil because that’s the easy part, and he gives the blessing. But, this last week I gave the blessing to Maria that woman with a TON of faith and kidney stones, and I also gave another blessing this week to Circa, our eternal investigator. I felt the spirit most blessing Circa - she is ALWAYS working.  We strategically placed ourselves throughout the week in situations where we thought we would get to talk with her and finally had the opportunity. Both of us bore VERY strong testimonies.  She was crying, I was crying Elder K was crying, and she said she would leave work on Sunday because she knew the church was true and she needed to be baptized.  She knew that God would provide a way for her to do what she needed to. She ´´quit´´ her job and the next day a new job opportunity opened up that didn’t require working on Sundays - a miracle! She was all ready to be baptized on Sunday. Elder K was so happy, but after so many disappointments I was a little skeptical. Sunday morning we went to her house to take her to church, and she wasn’t there. We still don’t know where she is.  We haven’t had an opportunity to find her and talk to her. We waited outside her house for an hour. It was devastating. She has taken us on a spiritual and emotional roller-coaster. I want so badly to baptize her.  I don’t know if she is like a pathological liar or what.

I am so grateful for Elder Kozlowski. Seriously he is a constant blessing and answer to prayers. He´s gonna be a lifelong friend, I am sure. He ALWAYS is patient, loving, strong in testimony and an example to me as a missionary.  He is always looking for opportunities to help others.

I learn lots of new words reading the scriptures, the two verbs in my mind that I have learned are desperdiçar (to waste) and disfarçar (disquise).

And I felt the spirit most during our conversations and blessing with Circa, but then with her not showing for the baptism, that kinda put a damper on things.  I just don’t understand what is going on.

I forgot to bring my paper with all the things that happened this week. The ups and downs with Circa were a lot of it. We had a baptism of a woman that was baptized 4 years a ago but was never confirmed, so that was kinda a ´´gimme´´baptism (haha).

We marked a baptism for this Saturday of the woman I talked about being very humble.  She is really slow at learning and lives in extremely humble circumstances, but she has a lot of faith and has been going to church. She is prepared to separate from her boyfriend and be baptized.  That is something to look forward to! Name of her is Ana.

This week we had a zone conference, still don’t understand like anything my mission president and his wife say :( I read a letter from Chad, it made me wonder how I could be more like him. He´s just having fun out there already and he’s so positive.  I wish I could be more like that.

This letter was short, sorry, but I am gonna take some time to write McKenna this week. She sent me an email but I haven’t read it yet. Give her a really big hug and let her know that it is SPECIFICALLY from me. Thanks!

Love you!  Elder Sork

No comments:

Post a Comment